Frequently Asked Questions About the PACT


Q.  Who can take Pre-Admission Content Tests (PACT)?

A.  You can take PACT if you hold a conferred bachelor’s degree from an accredited university.  See a list of accredited colleges and universities at   

Q.  What is the benefit of taking PACT?

A.  You can take a content examination to demonstrate content proficiency for possible entrance into an Education Preparation Program (EPP).  Taking PACT does not ensure that you will be admitted into a program.  EPPs may have additional admission requirements.    

Q.  Who cannot take the PACT?

A.  You must have a conferred bachelor’s degree to qualify to take the PACT.  If you are in a program seeking a certification other than classroom teacher, you will need to be approved by an EPP in order to register.  These include Educational Diagnostician, Health Science Technology, Marketing, Principal, Reading Specialist, School Counselor, School Librarian, Superintendent and all of the Master Teacher certification tests.  

Q.  If I am already certified, can I take a PACT?

A.  No, a certified individual must register as a certified teacher.   

Q.  If I need help studying for an examination, what is available?

A.  Preparation materials are available for all examinations in the Preparation Materials section of the ETS TExES website at