Frequently Asked Questions



This page covers the frequently asked questions regarding Sul Ross classes, change of major, graduation, etc. If you have any specific question that is not covered on this page, contact the Office of the Registrar. If you have a question related to tuition and fees, contact the Cashier's Office. If you have questions related to financial aid, contact the Financial Aid Office.

What is LoboOnLine? How do I log in?

What's my Lobo ID and password? How is it different from my A number and PIN?

I need to update my address. How do I do that?

My name is not correct in the system. How do I get that fixed?

I would like to change my major or elect a minor/concentration. How do I do that?

How do I request a transcript?

I would like to audit a class. How do I do that?

I am an undergraduate. Can I take gradaute level classes now or do I have to wait until I am a graduate student?

I have holds that keep me from registering/viewing grades/requesting a transcript. What do I do?

I have an incomplete. How do I complete it? Do I have to sign up for the class again?

I am on academic probation. What does that mean?

I have been suspended. What do I do now?

Will you mail my grades?

I was admitted for a past term but did not enroll. I'm ready to start now. What do I need to do?

I withdrew last semster. Am I still eligible to register?

I think I might be ready to gradaute. What do I need to do?


What is LoboOnLine? How do I log in?

LoboOnLine provides all Sul Ross students the ability to view and update personal information, student records (transcripts, class schedules, etc.), financial aid information, and account balances. To log in, you will need your student ID (sometimes called the A number or Banner ID) and your PIN. Your initial PIN is by default your birth day in mmddyy format. This PIN is set to pre-expire, so the first time you log in, you will be prompted to set a new one. For detailed instructions, view our tutorialBack to top

What's my Lobo ID? How is it different from my A number?

Your Lobo ID and the associated password is used to access your official Sul Ross e-mail and Blackboard. It is also used to sign in to university computers and to apply for scholarships and housing. You will use the A number and PIN to log into LoboOnLine only. For more information on these online accounts, see OIT Online Accounts.

If you are a new student, you should already know what your A number and initial PIN are (as provided to you in your acceptance and PIN letters.) You will use this to retrieve your Lobo ID and set your initial password in LoboPass. The LoboPass system allows you to set new Lobo ID passwords and will also allow you to retreive your A number and PIN if you don't remember it (only works if you can remember your Lobo ID and password.) Click here to access LoboPass, For a tutorial, see the LoboPass Users Manual.

I need to update my address. How do I do that?

If your permenent or local address has changed, visit Student Address Changes for detailed instructions. These instrcutions can be used to update phone and personal email addresses as well. Back to top

My name is not correct in the system. How do I get that fixed?

The name we have in our system is exactly as you first provided it (test scores, application, etc.) If this is not your correct legal name or your name has changed, you can update it with the Change of Information Form. You will need to provide documentation to support the change, such as a marriage license, divorce decree, government issued ID, etc. Back to top