Student and Faculty Forms

Transcript Request

Requests for transcripts may be made in person, by sending a letter, or submitting a fax to the Office of Admissions and Records at (830)-758-5001. All requests should include: name attended under, Social Security Number, last term attended, number of copies desired (maximum of five copies per request), the complete mailing address of where the transcript should be sent, and your signature. There is no charge for transcripts. Allow a minimum of 72 hours for processing of a transcript request. Requests will be processed as quickly as possible in the order of receipt.

During peak periods (final exams and grade posting, registration, and commencement) there will be a delay of several days. All requests must be made in writing by the student. Request by persons other than the student will not be honored without the student's written authorization. Transcripts may not be picked up by anyone other than the student unless that person has written authorization from the student.

No transcript will be issued if you have a hold on your records. All financial obligations with the university or loan defaults with state and federal agencies must be resolved before any transcript will be released.

Request to Drop or Withdraw Class/es

This form may be used for dropping or withdrawing. Drops or withdrwas are not official until received and processed by the Admissions & Records Office.

Change of Information

Use this form if you need to change your mailing address. This form is also used for correcting your Student ID number and performing name changes. Name changes or corrections require supporting documentation. The completed form should be delivered to the Office of Admissions and Records.

Application for Graduation

This form is to be completed by students anticipating to graduate for the designated semester. Students need to complete the form, print it out, and take it to the RGC Business Operations office for processing and payment.

Release of Information to Parent/Guardian

This form is to be used by either the student or their parents to authorize campus officials to release the student's transcript or other non-directory information to a third party. If initiated by the student, complete section I. If initiated by the parent/guardian, complete section II.

Request to Withhold Directory Information

In accordance with the Family Education Rights Privacy Act (FERPA) of 1974 as amended, a student has the right to request the non-disclosure of all directory information. By completing this request, no directory information about the student will be released, enrollment acknowledged or published in a university publication or news release without specific written consent. Any inquiries by outside agencies or individuals will not be acknowledged or verified. This request is permanent until such time the student submits a written request to cancel non-disclosure of directory information.

Reclassification of Residence Status

Non-resident students who wish to request a re-evaluation of their residency status, for tuition and fee purposes, must complete this form, provide the requested supporting documentation, and submit the packet to the Registrar for review. This request must be submitted before the Official Census Date for the term in which the request is made. The completed form should be delivered to the Office of Admissions and Records.

Called to Active Duty or Military Deployment

Use this form to request a withdrawal and refund of tuition and fees due to the student being called to active duty or national guard /reserve unit being deployed for training or special assignment. The completed form, along with a copy of your orders, should be delivered to the Office of Admissions and Records.

Request for an Undergraduate to enroll in Graduate Courses

An undergraduate who is within twelve (12) semester hours of graduating with a bachelor's degree may request permission to enroll in graduate level classes. First, you must complete a Sul Ross State University Graduate Application for Admission. Second, complete and sign this form, submit it to your advisor for his/her approval, and secure the signature of your Academic Dean. The completed form should be delivered to the Office of Admissions and Records.

Request for Tuition Rebate

Review the policy and procedures for eligibility to receive the tuition rebate. If you believe you qualify, complete the form and submit it to your Academic Dean for processing.

Permit to Audit a Course

Students who desire to audit a course must obtain a "Permission to Audit" slip from the Office of Admissions and Records. Students must obtain the permission of the instructor, the Chair of the department, and the Director of Admissions and Records. Students may not audit a laboratory-type or activity type course or a graduate level course. Those who audit a course do not have the privilege of participating in class in any way; they audit for the purpose of seeing and hearing only. The audit fee is $50 for each course audited. No registration for audit can be completed until the first day of classes.

Fresh Start Program

Texas residents who apply for admission (or readmission) to Texas public colleges or universities and enroll as undergraduate students may be able to begin a new course of study with a clear academic record. If you are a Texas resident who has credits for college courses taken 10 or more years prior to the planned enrollment date, the "Academic Fresh Start" law allows you to have those credits ignored for enrollment purposes.

Note: this is an all or nothing option. You are not able to pick and choose which courses to ignore and which courses to count. If you choose the "Academic Fresh Start" option, you will not receive any credit for any courses you took 10 or more years ago.

This means that:

  • Courses taken previously cannot be used to fulfill new prerequisite requirements.
  • Courses taken previously cannot be counted towards your new degree.
  • Courses taken previously will not be counted in your new G.P.A. calculations.

Information courtesy of College for Texans.

Repeat Grade Request

This form is an official request that a repeated course be included in my grade point average, and that a previous enrollment in the same course be excluded from the grade point average.

  1. Only courses originally taken at SRSU and repeated at SRSU can be coded in this manner.
  2. A grade of "W" cannot replace a previous grade.

Note: Repeated courses excluded from the GPA will be coded in the system; however, the original code will still appear on the transcript.

Bacterial Meningitis Vaccination

Texas law now requires an entering student who has been admitted/re-admitted to Sul Ross State University to show evidence of receipt of an initial bacterial meningitis vaccination dose or booster during the five-year period preceding and at least 10 days prior to the first day of the semester in which the student initially enrolls, or following a break in enrollment of at least one fall or spring semester at Sul Ross State University or another institution.

Application for Texas Peace Officer Exemption

Faculty Forms

Grade Change Request

Use this form to change a postponed grade (I) to an A, B, C, D, or F. The university does not allow changing a grade to any other designation without consultation with your Dean and the Registrar. Change of Grade Request forms are accepted directly from the faculty only.The Registrar's Office does not accept forms from students or student assistants.

Course Section Request

This form must be used when adding a course that was not in the original class schedule or to change an existing course section. All of the information and approvals must be provided before a course section will be established in the Student Information System. The request should be approved by your Department Chair and Dean. Approved requests should be submitted to the Office of Admissions and Records.

Request to Drop for Excessive Absences

This form is to be used when a student has stopped attending class and is still enrolled in the course. Faulty need to complete the form, list dates of absences, sign, and obtain the Dean's approval before the Office of Admissions and Records can process the request.

State law requires that you be informed of the following: (1) you are entitled to request to be informed about the information about yourself collected by use of this form (with a few exceptions as provided by law); (2) you are entitled to receive and review that information; and (3) you are entitled to have the information corrected at not charge to you.

Request for Incomplete Grade

Use this form to document the agreement between faculty and student for a grade of I (incomplete).